Lord, I need your courage to resist my deep urge to smooth over holy tension ~ in myself, and in your church. I need your courage to step out of my conversational comfort zones. Jesus, you are resurrection and life. Call me out when I settle for less than the fullness of life you came to bring us all. In your strong name, Amen. -Pastor Karen
Dear God of Justice, Peace, Grace, and Love: we, your people, pray for strength and courage in the light of threats against our safety and the security of our national "community." We know you created community as a way for your people to "dwell together in unity," but we have fractured it with selfish ideas, claims of personal freedom, and by lashing out violently against those who don't agree with us. Forgive us, we pray, and raise up a "courageous community" whose central aim is to work for a day when all your people will dwell together in unity, and there will be peace and justice for all. In the name of the One who sacrificed himself that we might be free, Jesus Christ the Righteous. Amen. ...
Dear Lord Jesus: You faced the unknown and fear in so many ways--people with horrible illnesses seeking healing, the hungry, the homeless, the angry, even those possessed of demons. You often found yourself in the midst of angry crowds or among hostile religious leaders seeking to "test" you. Lord, I seek your help. My courage is waning in the face of a pandemic, the personal challenges it has caused, and the national anxiety it has created and fed. Prompt me regularly to carve out the time in my busy existence to "come away and pray" like you did to both restore your courage and your strength to face the "storm." In your most precious name I pray. Amen. ...
Comments
Post a Comment