Courage Prayer for Saturday, January 30

 Thank you, Lord, for the extravagant gift of bright sunshine that I awoke to this morning.  Thank you for your word that got me out of bed today: "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you."* And thank you for the prayer that I find myself praying in response, "O Lord, may my soul rise up to meet you as the day rises to greet the sun."**  This is the day that you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Amen.

                                                                                                                            -Pastor Karen Slusser


*Isaiah 60:1

*from Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals by Shane Claiborne, Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove, Enuma Okoro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Courage Prayer for Friday, January 22

Courage Prayer for Thursday, February 11

Courage Prayer for Tuesday, February 9