Courage Prayer for Friday, January 22

Dear Lord Jesus: You faced the unknown and fear in so many ways--people with horrible illnesses seeking healing, the hungry, the homeless, the angry, even those possessed of demons. You often found yourself in the midst of angry crowds or among hostile religious leaders seeking to "test" you. Lord, I seek your help. My courage is waning in the face of a pandemic, the personal challenges it has caused, and the national anxiety it has created and fed. Prompt me regularly to carve out the time in my busy existence to "come away and pray" like you did to both restore your courage and your strength to face the "storm." In your most precious name I pray. Amen.

                                                                                        --Pastor Jeff

Comments

  1. Thank you, Jeff for the reminder that Jesus often went off to pray. I always wondered about this because I felt Jesus was from God and could be in constant intimate communication with God. Maybe it was to set an example for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Courage Prayer for Thursday, February 11

Courage Prayer for Tuesday, February 9